Question & Answer
- What was the simplest romantic gesture you’ve ever received?Every time my husband buys me something on my Amazon wish list just because, or makes me sleep in so he can manage the kids is my idea of romance. Those simple gestures warm my heart.
- What was the hardest scene you’ve ever written?It would have to be from the fourth installment of my Cougarette series (first book is Permafree on Kindle, BTW!). My MC CeeCee is in an abusive relationship during this point of the series, and writing those scenes were harsh, to say the least.
- Who’s your favorite character? Why?I would have to say R&B singer King Smith from The Follow series. He is a layered man who juggles stardom and his sex addiction with candor and an open heart. You’ll find yourself rooting for him throughout both books, even when he is dead wrong. He was the first male MC I’ve ever written, and he is near and dear to my heart (he’s also incredibly hot – think Luke James!)
- Tease me with the sexiest quote from one of your books.Here’s one of my favorite scenes from my latest novel, The Lamar St. Jon Experience:
Gi turned to face him, his lips a breath’s away from his. “I love you, Lamar St. Jon. I’m trying to forgive myself but you better not hurt me again.”
Lamar hardened against Gi’s pelvis. “Can I hurt you in bed?” he said, his mouth bending into a small smile.
Gi returned the smirk. “Yes please,”
#Giveaway Entry One:
Word: Explicit (Comment with the word below AND show our author of the day some love!)
- If you could, how would you help the Indie Writers Community?I’m a big believer in the reciprocity of energy. So as a writer, I aim to do something every day to support my fellow authors: social media reposts, showing up at signings, talking through writing scenes and swapping WIPs. Just being there for one another and being a resource is the best way I can help the indie writing community.
- Why did you choose your genre?Romance is an examination of the human condition. When love is expressed through my characters, the readers get a true sense of their flawed nature, and relate to their struggles. My twelve novels have covered a plethora of human experiences: domestic violence, drug abuse, stardom, LGBTQ issues and broken families. Romance has served as a platform for me to explore these occurrences with care and compassion through my characters. I hope my readers can see and appreciate that.
- What was the first romance novel you read?
Forever by Judy Blume
#Giveaway Entry Two: Share this post on IG and/or Twitter with both tags:
@authorcamj (Twitter and IG) AND @writegirlproblems (IG) @elizadwrites (Twitter)
All About Eliza
A librarian by day, Eliza David is the contemporary romance author of twelve self-published novels, including the Cougarette series and The Follow duet. She was born and raised on the noisy South Side of Chicago, but now lives in quiet Iowa City, one of the renowned Cities of Literature. Eliza also maintains a local literary presence, serving on the Iowa City Public Library’s Board of Trustees, contributing as a member of the I.O.W.A. annual book signing event, and participating as a past headlining author at the Iowa City Book Festival. In addition to writing the naughty words, Eliza is a blogger and contributing writer for Real Moms of Eastern Iowa, The Good Men Project, and Thirty on Tap. She was most recently featured in Best Women’s Erotica, Volume 4 and The Sexy Librarian’s Dirty Thirty Volume 3. Her latest novel, The Lamar St. Jon Experience, was released on Christmas Day 2019.
When she’s not writing, working full-time, or raising two children with her loving husband, Eliza enjoys reading throwback Jackie Collins, acting out on Twitter, and indulging in the occasional order of cheese fries.
What a Tease!
Thank you for sharing just a little piece of your awesomeness, Eliza!
***Giveaway Rules: To enter to win the $10 AGC, you must do one or both entry methods above, completely (If you read the post, you can’t miss it). But, if you love Indie Authors and just want to support us, you’ll share this blog post any and everywhere 😉 ! Winner will be announced 2/29/2020***