Romance in the Spotlight:
C.J. Hartnett spends her days writing dark stories with a bit of naughtiness. She is a horror enthusiast, loves to cook for her family, and thoroughly enjoys gardening. Her debut novel is Demons, a horror erotica.
Question & Answers:
- What was the simplest romantic gesture you’ve ever received?
My guy paid for editing services for one of my books because he knew how important it is to me.
- What was the hardest scene you’ve ever written?
In ‘Demons in my Heart,’ there’s a scene about my character in an abusive situation.
- Who’s your favorite character? Why?
Mina, from Demons. She’s strong, independent, fiercely loving and protective of those she cares about.
- Tease me with the sexiest quote from one of your books.
“He inhaled her sweet scent and she pushed him back on his bed. His sexy angel straddled him. He never knew he could find someone like her. He never even dreamed that he needed someone like her.”
- If you could, how would you help the Indie Writers Community?
Provide services to help writers become better at their craft or help promote them.
- Why did you choose your genre?
I didn’t choose this genre, it chose me. Mina came to me and I started writing out her story, and what came out, just happened.
- What was the first romance novel you read?
Didn’t really read romance until I got older, but Michelle Valentine’s books really inspired me.
- Name one song that always makes your writing playlist.
Don’t really have 1 song that makes it to my playlists, but Halsey makes the cut for each of my books.